KeepBritainBiking.com House Rules
These rules are here to ensure the website operates as intended, as a useful tool for the biking community.
The following rules (“House Rules”) define acceptable behaviour in the KeepBritainBiking.com website (the “Website”). Behaviour can be monitored by any member, as well as the Community’s Manager and Community’s representatives, who will respond appropriately to any transgression.
Please do not read or post messages unless you agree to abide by these House Rules. Devitt representatives reserve the right to amend the Website and these House Rules at any time without notice. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revisions have been posted to the Website. As these House Rules may be amended at any time, it’s advisable to check them regularly. Your continued use of the Website signifies your ongoing agreement to these terms.
Members may not shout at other members by posting in all capital letters.
Please take care with humour that might work verbally, but may seem censorious or mean when in typescript.
Members should present opinions and positions in a tactful and moderate fashion.
Always exchange ideas in a civil and measured manner and avoid “flames” (aggravating and/or mean-spirited posts).
- 2. Try to assume good will, and hold fire on the assumption that most misunderstandings arise from the text-based format of the discussion rather than from negative intent on the part of others.
3. Practice good posting manners and refrain from dominating conversations.
4. Learn to understand written words and to listen to the person behind those words.
Do not post anything that could be interpreted as self-publicity. This includes spamming, posting the same or similar message across many discussions, advertising (including pyramid selling and chain letters), selling or soliciting.
- 2. Do not post anything unlawful – do not, for example, send or post material that is (or is likely to be considered) indecent, racist, defamatory, harassing, threatening or offensive.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, post the personal details of others.
4. Do not post any third-party material (for example video, audio, photo or logos) that infringes any legal rights such as copyright or other proprietary rights.
5. Do not post the contents of private email or other private messages anywhere in the community.
6. Users may only have one profile.
7. Do not post your exact whereabouts at any given time, or home or work or email addresses as all posts made on the Website are public. If you do so, you do so at your own risk.
8. Remember: as the author of any posts / blogs you are solely liable for their contents.
- Accept responsibility for all material that they publish in the community. As such, Devitt accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that you may suffer from the use of the Website nor from any publication of content by a Member on the Website.
2. Always acknowledge the name of the source of any third-party material legitimately quoted or referred to.
3. Not quote any member who specifically requests not to be quoted
4. Not intentionally misquote another member or any Website’s or Devitt’s representative.
5. Not falsely misrepresent themselves.
6. Not interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the Website with the intent to corrupt or damage the operation of the Website. You must not use the Website in any way that causes or is likely to cause access to be interrupted, or impaired in any way and you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for electronic communications sent from your computer
7. Use the log-out button, especially on a public machine, to minimise intruder access.
8. Keep their password confidential at all times. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details and your password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You accept responsibility for activities that occur under your account and you should take all steps to ensure your password is kept confidential. You agree to inform the Website immediately if you have reason to believe your password is being used in an unauthorised manner.
9. Not disrupt the normal flow of conversations within the Community or act in any way to the detriment of other users.
10. Not act in such a fashion as to demand a disproportionate amount of the attention or time of the Website’s Community Management Team.
11. Respect the spirit and tone of the Community.
12. Not use the Website for commercial purposes.
Please report any transgressions to the Website’s Community Manager, including any misuse of the personal messaging facility.
- 2. Do not misuse the channels for complaint – persistence may result in action by the Website’s representatives in respect of your account.
3. The Website’s representatives reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, including removal or suspension of user account, at any time at our sole discretion.
4. By using the Website, you consent to the Website being subject to monitoring.
Devitt may provide links to other websites that are not under Devitt’s control. These links are provided for your convenience. When you activate these links, you will leave the Website. Devitt do not endorse or take responsibility for the content on third party websites or the availability of those websites and Devitt is not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked websites you do so at your own risk. Please consult the conditions of use and privacy statement on those websites for further details on use of those websites.
The following provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit Devitt’s legal liability in connection with your use of this Website. Nothing in these House Rules attempts to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
While Devitt has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the Website, Devitt exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the Website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the Website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this Website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Devitt accepts no liability in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to the Website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in the Website or if the Website is unavailable and Devitt shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
• loss of goodwill or reputation;
• special, incidental, consequential loss or damage, suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website and these terms and conditions.
Access to and use of this Website is at the user’s own risk and Devitt does not warrant that the use of the Website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, Devitt accepts no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of the Website by unauthorised third parties.
If any of these House Rules shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason the particular rule shall be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Jurisdiction and Law
These House Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising here from shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of English courts.
If you breach these House Rules of use and Devitt does not take immediate action against you, Devitt is still entitled to enforce our rights and remedies in respect of any such breach or any subsequent breach.
KeepBritainBiking.com is brought to you by Devitt Insurance Services Ltd (“Devitt”). Devitt brings you this website to help bikers exchange views and useful information about biking, to help new and experienced bikers get the most out of biking.
Devitt Insurance Services Limited, Insurance Brokers. Registered in England NO.2438974. Registered office: North House, St Edwards Way, Romford, Essex RM1 3PP. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
To contribute to or comment on these House Rules please email the Website’s Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org